Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The Escape - C.L Taylor



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Avon

Published: 23/03/17

Pages: 433

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Given for an honest review via Netgalley


The Blurb

"Look after your daughter's things. And your daughter…"

When a stranger asks Jo Blackmore for a lift she says yes, then swiftly wishes she hadn't.

The stranger knows Jo's name, she knows her husband Max and she's got a glove belonging to Jo's two year old daughter Elise.

What begins with a subtle threat swiftly turns into a nightmare as the police, social services and even Jo's own husband turn against her.

No one believes that Elise is in danger. But Jo knows there's only one way to keep her child safe – RUN

My Thoughts


I have enjoyed all of C. L Taylors books. She is without doubt a must read author for me. I love the way she can transport me into a story, the time just flys by and before you know it your on the last page with that feeling of disapointment that you have finshed it and The Escape is no exception.

To a lesser degree I suffer from the same as the main character Jo. Wherever I go I have to have an escape route planned in my head and I really, really dont like going to new places, a panic with envelope me and the need to run is unbearable. Using positive thinking and not wanting my kids to see me like and think its normal I have been able to overcome the worst but Its always there and lets me know from time to time.

The story is one of failed relationships, secrets, confusion and down right deception. I felt Jos need to run the need to protect her relationship with her daughter. When she decides to run she has no idea of how secrets from her families past will catch up with her and introduce more trouble into her life.

A fantastically crafted book that I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment