Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Bad Little Girl - Frances Vick



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Bookouture

Published: 22/02/2017

Pages: 358

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Book given in exchange for an
honest review via Netgalley.



The Blurb

‘I’m not safe – you have to help me…’

Little Lorna Bell is from a notorious family on a rundown estate. Everyone thinks she’s a nasty piece of work. The schoolchildren call her a thief. But Lorna’s hair is matted, her shoes pinch her feet and school teacher Claire Penny can’t help herself; some kids just need a bit more support, a bit more love, than the rest.

As the bond between teacher and pupil grows stronger, Claire sees Lorna’s bruises, and digs to uncover the disturbing tale behind them. Heartbroken, Claire knows she has to act. She must make Lorna safe.

Just when Claire thinks she has protected Lorna, a chance encounter brings enigmatic stranger Marianne Cairns into their lives. Marianne seems generous and kind but there is something about her story that doesn’t quite add up. Why does she feel so at home, and why is Lorna suddenly so unsettled?

Claire has risked everything to save Lorna. But what can save Claire from the shocking truth?

My Thoughts


Didnt do it for me Im afraid, Its not a bad book but its not a great book either. I found it very slow going, predictable and far fetched, Im not one to let that bother me normally but some of the decisions made by the characters really irritated me. The story took so long to get going that once it did I had lost any feelings, Good or bad that I may have had for the characters or storyline.

Im not really sure why we had so much of the life of Claire Penny and her mother at the beginning of the book it added very little to the story and made it drag on a bit, it didnt give me that need too read feeling and consequently became a chore rather than a pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment