Monday, May 28, 2018

The Tall man - pheobe locke



Kindle Edition
Publisher: Wildfire
Published: 07/06/18
Pages: 368
Amazon Uk Link: Here
GoodReads Link: Here

Given for an honest review via Netgalley

Pheobe Locke - The Tall Man

A SENSELESS MURDER. A TERRIFYING LEGEND. A FAMILY HAUNTED.
1990: In the darkest woods, three girls devote themselves to a sinister figure.
2000: A young mother disappears, leaving behind her husband and baby daughter.
2018: A teenage girl is charged with murder, and her trial will shock the world.
Three chilling events, connected by the shadow he casts.
He is the Tall Man. He can make you special...

I was looking forward to reading this book, I came across it quite by accident and thought it looked a good read, So much so I put it to the top of my TBR.

Unfortunatly it didnt really do it for me. I found that the first 90% a big mish mash of repetativeness leading me down a path that I had no idea where I was going and then BOOM the last 10% the story was told.

Its not a bad book by any means, I didnt think about giving up at any time and the story was a good one it was just the execution and structure of it that I had a problem with.

A good story but ultimately a frustrating read.

No comments:

Post a Comment