Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Perfect Pray - Helen Fields



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Avon

Published: 26/07/17

Pages: 465

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Given for an honest review via Netgalley


The Blurb

Welcome to Edinburgh. Murder capital of Europe.

In the middle of a rock festival, a charity worker is sliced across the stomach. He dies minutes later. In a crowd of thousands, no one saw his attacker.

The following week, the body of a primary school teacher is found in a dumpster in an Edinburgh alley, strangled with her own woollen scarf.

D.I. Ava Turner and D.I. Luc Callanach have no leads and no motive – until around the city, graffitied on buildings, words appear describing each victim.

It’s only when they realise the words are being written before rather than after the murders, that they understand the killer is announcing his next victim…and the more innocent the better.

My Thoughts


There are lots of Thriller series, some are better than others; The D.I Callanach series is without doubt one of the best.

Undeniably my favourite series at the moment. The two lead characters in D.I Callanach and D.I Ava Turner are superbly written the chemistry between the two really works and rarely seems forced. Although I did find Ava in the background for a large amount of the book, but I suppose that was the point.

As with the first book I found the story unique and fasinating. I do wonder what kind of a mind the Authour has to come up with such gruesome and dare I say clever ways to commit murder. The whole story was well thought out kept me reading and wanting more. Sleep who needs it?
As with all my reviews I wont go into the plot for fear of giving anything away but I was getting very frustrated with Avas behaviour and couldn't work out which way it was going, but I was so relieved by the end of the book.

A Fantastic plot with fantastic characters, Highly recommended and I cant wait for book 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment