Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Gift - Louise Jensen



Kindle Edition
Publisher: Bookouture
Published: 16/12/16
Pages: 320
Amazon Uk Link: Here
GoodReads Link: Here

Given for an honest review via Netgalley

The Gift - Louise Jensen

The perfect daughter. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect murder?

Jenna is given another shot at life when she receives a donor heart from a girl called Callie. Eternally grateful to Callie and her family, Jenna gets closer to them, but she soon discovers that Callie’s perfect family is hiding some very dark secrets …

Callie’s parents are grieving, yet Jenna knows they’re only telling her half the story. Where is Callie’s sister Sophie? She’s been ‘abroad’ since her sister’s death but something about her absence doesn’t add up. And when Jenna meets Callie’s boyfriend Nathan, she makes a shocking discovery.

Jenna knows that Callie didn’t die in an accident. But how did she die? Jenna is determined to discover the truth but it could cost her everything; her loved ones, her sanity, even her life.

So we kick off the new year with another Bookouture author and yet another 5 star review for a truly great book.

I can only imagine what it must be like to be given another chance at living because someone else has died, although you may have been gifted the chance to live, the physical and psychological side effects must be life changing. The daily reminder that you have someone else inside you would be enough but to then suffer from Cellular Memory, giving you flash backs and memories from the organs donator would be enough to drive you mad.
Wether or not Cellular Memory is real or not, Being the skeptic that I am I have my doubts, doesn't really matter and Louise Jensens writing is so persuasive that if she wrote to me telling me the world was flat or a Businessman and reality TV star was President of the USA, I would believe her.

Its a brilliantly crafted story that had my emotions and thoughts all over the place. I changed my mind over and over undecided on what had happened and who could of done it. Was Jenna Psychotic? Was it Murder? Was it important to get some sleep or feed the kids or just read one more chapter?. The ending was perfect for me. Totally unexpected. The Book has also made me think about Organ donation and I have now signed up to the NHS Organ Donation Register

No comments:

Post a Comment