Friday, May 26, 2017

One Of Us Is Lying - Karen M. McManus



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Penguin

Published: 01/06/17

Pages: 358

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Given for an honest review via Netgalley


The Blurb

Yale hopeful Bronwyn has never publicly broken a rule.

Sports star Cooper only knows what he's doing in the baseball diamond.

Bad body Nate is one misstep away from a life of crime.

Prom queen Addy is holding together the cracks in her perfect life.

And outsider Simon, creator of the notorious gossip app at Bayview High, won't ever talk about any of them again.

He dies 24 hours before he could post their deepest secrets online. Investigators conclude it's no accident. All of them are suspects.

Everyone has secrets, right?

What really matters is how far you'll go to protect them.

My Thoughts


What a fantastic debut book. Sometimes when I choose books I kind of dont pay much attention. Maybe I get a email advertising it or see something on Twitter.
I cant remember how I came across One Of Us Is lying but I am glad I did. It wasnt until after reading it and looking it up on Goodreads that I realised it was a Y/A book. Didnt feel like it as I read it. The story is told by the four main characters,Bronwyn, Addy, Nate and Cooper. It was a joy to read, the story telling flowed at a quick pace and was a joy to read.
There are a multitude of stories within the book, Love, Hate, Sexuality, Regret and Friendship and its all perfectly wrapped up in a mysterious death.

The story was engrossing and fast paced and most of all enjoyable. Although I did work out what was going on quite early in the book it didnt detract from the quality of the story.

Highly recommended for the adult market just as much as the YA.

No comments:

Post a Comment