Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Zero - Matt Brolly



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Canelo

Published: 21/11/16

Pages: 290

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Book given in exchange for an
honest review via Netgalley.



The Blurb

No crime will go unpunished

It is the near future. A zero tolerance policy results in the death penalty for all crimes, no matter how minor.

When a judge is kidnapped, and a ransom note demands the release of all prisoners awaiting execution, kleptomaniac Detective Inspector Kate Swanson is put on the case.

But soon her boss also disappears. Under increasing pressure from her superiors, and caught between the security services and the growing social unrest, Swanson must race to find a man whose murdered wife and daughter link the missing men.

Can she find him before it’s too late?

My Thoughts


Set in a Zero tolerance to crime society in a Sci-fi/Dystopian world, sometime in the near future, Probally a few years after Brexit the story revolves around the kidnapping of a Judge and DI Kate Swansons attempts to find him.

I didnt enjoy the book, I felt it to lack a spark that would keep me wanting to read. It became a bit of a chore. I love Matt Brollys DCI Lambert series so I was a bit disapointed that I couldnt really get into this. I liked the concept, which is why I wanted to read it but I never got to grips with the characters at all.

It will appeal to readers who enjoyed BladeRunner and the like but it just didnt do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment