Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Girls Next Door - Mel Sherratt



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Bookouture

Published: 27/10/16

Pages: 318

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Book given in exchange for an
honest review via Netgalley.



The Blurb

One warm spring evening, five teenagers meet in a local park. Only four will come out alive.

Six months after the stabbing of fifteen-year-old Deanna Barker, someone is coming after the teenagers of Stockleigh, as a spate of vicious assaults rocks this small community. Revenge for Deanna? Or something more?

Detective Eden Berrisford is locked into a race against time to catch the twisted individual behind the attacks – but when her own niece, Jess Mountford, goes missing, the case gets personal.

With the kidnapper threatening Jess’ life, can Eden bring back her niece to safety? Or will the people of Stockleigh be forced to mourn another daughter…?

My Thoughts


At last a Detective who is in a happy relationship, doesn't have a habit, gets on with people and doesn't have a passion for rare cars or motorbikes. It was nice to see a detective with less personal baggage than an easyjet cabin allowance.

Unfortunately that was the only positive I took from the book. Thats not 100% true, the prologue was a good read. I just wish the rest of the book had lived up to it. From the first chapter there was name after name thrown at me and I couldn't keep up with who was who and what they meant to each other. I started to take notes so I could reference who was who but this didn't make for an enjoyable reading experience. Judging from the 5 star reviews I have read I appear to be in the minority. I found no mystery or suspense and I was certainly nowhere near the edge of my seat.

I did finish the book but didn't enjoy it. I cant imagine myself reading anymore in the series. I really dont like writing reviews like this and If I had bought the book I wouldn't have written anything, just put it down to a bad choice. I could have given a gushing 5 star review but I promised to give an honest review in return for a chance to read it, so I have to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment