Thursday, November 10, 2016

Tell Me No Lies - Lisa Hall



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Carina

Published: 20/10/16

Pages: 183

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Book given in exchange for an
honest review via Netgalley.



The Blurb

Don’t. Trust. Anyone.
It was supposed to be a fresh start.

A chance to forget the past and embrace the future. But can you ever really start again?

Or does the past follow you wherever you go?

Steph and Mark have just moved house, trying to find a way forward after all the secrets, lies and betrayal.

But starting over isn’t always easy. Especially when someone will go to any lengths to make sure you never forget…

My Thoughts


I used to work on the Bins in the 70s, there were 5 of us roaming the streets of Worcestershire, bit like the Wombles. One of the lads was a great lad called Jamie Lawson and as he kept saying then, way before he started playing his Banjo and singing, "I wasnt expecting that"and I really wasn't expecting that.

Steph and Mark have had a few issues over the years. They decide they need a fresh start. So a Pregnant Steph, Mark and their young child Henry move into a new home. Before they are unpacked they are welcomed by a knock on the door by the new neighbors and nothing from that moment is what it seems.

When I was a trainee Doctor at Plainsboro Teaching Hospital in New Jersey, My mentor, Dr Gregory House used to tell me that "Everybody Lies" and this book personifies his words.

Stephs descent into deep Anxiety is brilliantly written and it was a real "just one more chapter" of a read. I couldn't get enough of it, I was desperate to find out what was going on. I dont want to use any spoilers so I cant go into much detail but the ending was a real mouth dropper.Highly recommended and definitely in my top 10 books of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment