Sunday, November 13, 2016

Local Girl Missing - Claire Douglas



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Penguin

Published: 18 July 2016

Pages: 368

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Book given in exchange for an
honest review via Netgalley.



The Blurb

Twenty years ago 21-year-old Sophie Collier vanishes one night. She leaves nothing behind but a trainer on the old pier - and a hole in the heart of her best friend Francesca.

Now A body's been found. And Francesca's drawn back to the seaside town she's tried to forget. Perhaps the truth of what happened to Sophie will finally come out. Yet Francesca is beginning to wish she hadn't returned.

Everywhere she turns are ghosts from her past. The same old faces and familiar haunts of her youth. But if someone knows what really happened to Sophie that night then now's the time to find out - isn't it?

Except sometimes discovering the truth can cost you everything you hold dear - your family, your sanity and even your life . . .

My Thoughts


It may be because this Book reminded me of my youth, without the killing and weird stuff, but I really enjoyed reading this. I couldnt help but substitute the word Weston Super Mare for Oddcliffe everytime I read it and the characters I pictured in my head were all old friends. Not sure if thats weird or not, but I enjoyed it.

The story kept my interest all the way thorough and the secrets and twists were great. Not really sure how I felt about many of the characters really. I didn't take to them but it didn't really make that much of a difference to reading it as the story was strong enough. Could of done with out the romance between Daniel and Francesca though it felt a bit like reading a letter from Jackie of Just 17.

The ending was either a work of genius or a work of a A level English Student. Im leaning towards genius. Totally unexpected and it will hit you like a fly hits a windscreen on the M5.

A great and highly recommended read.

No comments:

Post a Comment