Thursday, August 25, 2016

Cut To The Bone – Alex Caan



Kindle Edition

Cost: Netgalley

Publisher: twenty7

Published: 14/07/16

Amazon uk link: Here

Goodreads Link: Here



The Blurb

A DARK AND GRIPPING DEBUT FOR FANS OF SARAH HILARY AND THE FALL . . . One Missing Girl. Two Million Suspects.

Ruby is a vlogger, a rising star of YouTube and a heroine to millions of teenage girls.

And she's missing . . .

But she's an adult - nothing to worry about, surely?

Until the video's uploaded . . .

Ruby, in the dirt, pleading for her life.

Enter Detective Inspector Kate Riley; the Met's rising star and the head of a new team of investigators with the best resources money can buy. Among them, Detective Sergeant Zain Harris, the poster boy for multiracial policing. But can Kate wholly trust him - and more importantly, can she trust herself around him?

As hysteria builds amongst the press and Ruby's millions of fans, Kate and her team are under pressure to get results, and fast, but as they soon discover, the world of YouTube vloggers and social media is much darker than anyone could have imagined.

And the videos keep coming . . .


My Thoughts

When I first read the synopsis for this book it really caught my attention and I couldn’t wait to read it. The plot was something new and it sounded interesting.

Having finally got round to reading it, I wasn’t let down. I really enjoyed the book, although I’m not 100% sure on some of the characters. There may have been a few too many for my liking that didn’t really add much to the overall story, Rob Pelt I mean you. The two lead characters were well written both with back stories of which I am sure we will find out more as more books are hopefully written. I could see a book series with DS Zain Harris.

It is written in short chapters that keep you wanting to read more until you find out what’s going to happen next. Just as you think the story is heading in one direction you are taken in a completely different one, more than once. The ending of the book is a good one and not one I saw coming until the very end. I hope there will be more books with DCI Kate Riley and DS Zain Harris, I know I would love to read more.

“Rubberdingyrapids bro”

No comments:

Post a Comment