Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Step Mother - Claire Seeber



Kindle Edition

Cost: Netgally

Publisher: Bookouture

Published: 15/07/16

Amazon uk link: Here

Goodreads Link: Here



The Blurb

The perfect wife. A fairytale family. Don’t believe your eyes… Jeanie and Matthew are a happily married couple who both have teenage children from previous relationships.

No one said it would be easy to raise a blended family under one roof but Jeanie and Matthew are strong. They will make it work.

And whilst Jeanie’s step-daughter Scarlett rejects her, Jeanie will just have to try harder to win her over.

But Jeanie has a past. A terrible secret she thought she’d buried a long time ago. And now, it’s coming to the surface, threatening to destroy her new marriage.

Someone is playing a terrifying game on Jeanie and she must put a stop to it once and for all.

After all, a fairytale needs a happy ending … doesn’t it?


My Thoughts

I apologize if there are any mistakes in this review as I am tired.

The reason I am so tired is because this damn book kept me up until the early hours. I just couldn’t put it down. I did try but I was rolling around in bed with my mind racing and thinking about what was going to happen next.

Its no secret that Bookouture are my favorite publishers and they have found yet another author to add to my ever growing pile of must reads.

The book throws up incredible twists and turns that I didn't see coming. The chapters are short and fast which makes for a great read that is full of tension that really hooks you in.

The story is told through Jeanie and her sister Marlena’s point of view and leaves you wondering what is real and what isn’t, especially when Jeanie starts seeing Ghosts and dead animals and just what was her secret?

It’s a great read and I look forward to Claire Seebers next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment