Friday, June 17, 2016

Book 40 - Last to Die - Arlene Hunt



Kindle Edition

Cost: Netgalley

Publisher: Bookouture

Published: 24/06/16

Amazon uk link: Here

Goodreads Link: Here



The Blurb

He watches. He waits. He kills...

When Jessie Conway survives a horrific mass high school shooting, in the aftermath she finds herself thrust into the media spotlight, drawing all kinds of attention. But some of it is the wrong kind.

Caleb Switch, a sadistic serial killer, has been watching her every move. A skilled hunter, he likes his victims to be a challenge. Jessie is strong, fearless, a survivor, and now… she is his ultimate prey.

As Caleb picks off his current victims one by one, chasing, killing and butchering them with his crossbow, he’s closing in on Jessie... But will Jessie defy the odds and escape with her life? Or will she be Caleb’s final sacrifice …


My Thoughts

I didn’t enjoy this book as much as I expected. It wasn't a bad read but it wasn’t what I was expecting.

I constantly found myself drifting off half way through a page and had to reread large chunks. Something I dislike intensely in a book is when an author introduces background characters with so much back story. It doesn’t add anything to the story other than slowing it down.

I didn’t find it fast paced as other reviews suggest and I think the overload of information was the problem for me. Not for me Im afraid.

Next Review – Road to Nowhere – Steven Suttie

No comments:

Post a Comment