Sunday, May 1, 2016

Book 29 - The Missing Hours - Emma Kavanagh



Kindle Edition

Cost: Netgallery

Publisher: Century

Published: 21/04/16

Amazon uk link: Here

Goodreads Link: Here


The Blurb

A woman disappears
One moment, Selena Cole is in the playground with her children and the next, she has vanished without a trace.
A woman returns
Twenty hours later, Selena is found safe and well, but with no memory of where she has been.
What took place in those missing hours, and are they linked to the discovery of a nearby murder?
‘Is it a forgetting or a deception?’


My Thoughts

Its not very often that something new comes along but with The Missing Hours, Emma Kavanagh has written a delightful story with an interesting storyline and unique lead characters. Dc Leah Mackay and DS Finn Hale are siblings as well as work mates and despite my original misgivings it really does work. The storyline is unlike anything I have read and the research that went into must have been immense. It is written from multiple view points, interspersed with reports from the Cole group. Again I had my misgivings but again they proved to be unfounded. I really enjoyed the book the only reason I didn’t give 5 stars was because I thought the ending seemed a little rushed. Having said that the ending was a surprise to me and not one that I had even entertained.

Next Review - Tastes Like Fear - Sarah Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment