Friday, April 29, 2016

Book 28 - Song of the Dead - Douglas Lindsay





Kindle Edition

Cost: Netgallery

Publisher: Freight Books

Published: 24/03/16

Amazon uk link:Here

Goodreads Link: Here


The Blurb

From the author of The Legend of Barney Thomson, recently released as a major motion picture starring two times Academy award-winner Emma Thompson, comes a dark, brooding new crime series.

Police detective Ben Westphall is burnt out and leading a quiet life in the North of Scotland. Things change when he is assigned to investigate the cold case of a UK national who disappeared in Eastern Europe under mysterious circumstances and who, despite being declared dead, has re-appeared, claiming to have been held for over a decade, various body parts having been harvested during that time. Westphall travels to Estonia, chasing leads and shadows that may lead to an international drugs and organ trafficking conspiracy.


My Thoughts

I like DI Ben Westphall. We could be friends. Being inside his head for a few hours was a joy, like being in a tumble dryer on intense setting. That’s good by the way. Of course he has his flaws and backstory, all of which are bearable and believable.
It’s a Dark and Atmospheric story with a splattering of dark humour. Whilst the pace is not a non stop rollercoaster, it is well paced with a few story arcs that are all brilliantly crafted that kept me reading and wanting more.
I loved the Dorothy storyline , really loved it. I hope it is an arc throughout the books in this new series. This is a series of Books I will defiantly be following.

“And then it happened. I cant think. I cant think what it was about, that moment. Why then? I was dozing on the couch, Gabriella sitting next to me watching Scooby Doo. That ordinary day. And it just happened. I went back in time.”


Next Book - The Missing Hours by Emma Kavanagh.

No comments:

Post a Comment