Thursday, April 7, 2016

Book 25 - Between You and Me - Lisa Hall



Kindle Edition

Cost: 0.99

Publisher: Carina

Published: 28/04/16

Amazon uk link: Here

Goodreads Link: Here

The Blurb

They say every marriage has its secrets.
But no one sees what happens behind closed doors.
And sometimes those doors should never be opened…
Sal and Charlie are married. They love each other. But they aren’t happy. Sal cannot leave, no matter what Charlie does – no matter how much it hurts.


My Thoughts

Written in a type of diary entry of both Sal & Charlie to each other, Between you and Me is supposed to be “A psychological thriller with a twist you won't see coming”, It’s not. You can see the twist from the first few chapters if you pay attention.

It’s a repetitive story which led me to skipping over a lot of it, you get to see both sides of the story, but it’s the same story and I didn’t really think it was necessary after the 5th time. I got it, one was bad and one was good, and that in its self was another problem.
The characters were flat, predictable and dull. When I read the dialogue it felt like the character was reading from an autocue machine, bit like the One Show.

At 82% this line confused the hell out of me.
“I march out of the utility room, not noticing Sal's clenched fists...”
How can you not notice something then tell us you did but didn’t?.

The story could have been a good one but I obviously didn’t get on with the style of writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment