Friday, April 1, 2016

Book 23 - Time Travelling with a Hamster - Ross Welford



Kindle Edition

Cost: 4.99


Publisher: Harper Collins

Published: 31/12/15

Amazon uk link: Here

Goodreads Link: Here


The Blurb

“My dad died twice. Once when he was thirty nine and again four years later when he was twelve.

The first time had nothing to do with me. The second time definitely did, but I would never even have been there if it hadn’t been for his ‘time machine’…”

When Al Chaudhury discovers his late dad’s time machine, he finds that going back to the 1980s requires daring and imagination. It also requires lies, theft, burglary, and setting his school on fire. All without losing his pet hamster, Alan Shearer…


My Bit

I needed a break from Thrillers and another favourite genre of mine is YA books and Time Travel. So when I saw this I thought it would be perfect for a little light relief.
It’s a heart warming story about family and change with the main character, Al, getting into all kinds of scrapes that Kids will enjoy reading. The ending is great and it’s an altogether well plotted and well written book, It’s one that I shall keep for my kids to read when they are a few years older, I would rather they read this than a Roald Dahl ripoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment