Saturday, March 19, 2016

Book 19 - The Silent Twin - Caroline Mitchell



Kindle Edition

Cost: Net Gallery

Publisher: Bookouture

Published: 14/04/16

Amazon uk link: Here

Goodreads link: Here



The Blurb

I’m alone in the dark, please can you find me …

Nine-year-old twins Abigail and Olivia vow never to be parted. But when Abigail goes missing from Blackwater Farm, DC Jennifer Knight must find her before it’s too late.

Twin sister Olivia has been mute since Abigail’s disappearance. But when she whispers in Jennifer’s ear, Jennifer realises it is Abigail’s voice pleading to be found.

A damp and decaying house set in acres of desolate scrubland, the farm is a place of secrets, old and new – and Jennifer must unravel them all in order to find the lost girl. But could Olivia’s bond with her twin hold the key to finding Abigail? And can Jennifer break through her silence in time to save her sister’s life?

A darkly gripping, page-turning thriller that will enthrall fans of Rachel Abbott, Alex Marwood’s The Wicked Girls and Mark Edwards.


My Thoughts

Well, what do you know, she’s only gone and done it again. This book was a truly great trip into the unknown. At some points I was holding my breath waiting to see what happened and importantly the ending was pretty decent with no plot holes or loose ends.

Its an cliché that’s very over used, and I make no apology for using it, this book was a “page turner” of the highest quality. What I want from a book is emotions. I want to be in the story, I want to see the characters in my mind, I want the story to exist.

Caroline Mitchells’ writing took me on a dark, suspenseful rollercoaster of a story that took me to the town of Haven threw me around a bit and them dumped me back into my armchair. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment