Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The Fear - CL Taylor



Kindle Edition
Publisher: Avon
Published: 22/03/18
Pages: 416
Amazon Uk Link: Here
GoodReads Link: Here

The Fear - C.L. Taylor

The perfect daughter. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect murder?

Sometimes your first love won’t let you go…

When Lou Wandsworth ran away to France with her teacher Mike Hughes, she thought he was the love of her life. But Mike wasn’t what he seemed and he left her life in pieces.

Now 32, Lou discovers that he is involved with teenager Chloe Meadows. Determined to make sure history doesn’t repeat itself, she returns home to confront him for the damage he’s caused.

But Mike is a predator of the worst kind, and as Lou tries to bring him to justice, it’s clear that she could once again become his prey…

When I see that C.L Taylor has a new book coming out, I head straight to Amazon and pre-order. No need to read the blurb or fall for the marketing. She is in my must read list of authors which at the moment stands at 3.
I love the style of writing and the way all of the characters inflict an emotional response from me, be it good or bad, because when I read a book I want to be that person, I want to be in that situation with my heart racing, brow sweating wondering how the hell I am going to get out of the trouble I am in.
This story doesn't fail to deliver on that count. The characters are all, as expected, superbly written with a passion and feeling that are rare in this saturated genre. The plot is fast moving and attention grabbing, I read this in 2 days which for me is very fast. The old cliche of unputdownable has never been so true.

A great story to get yourself lost in and probably the best from C.L Taylor yet. Highly recommended.

1 comment:

  1. The plot seems really interesting and I love the idea of the characters being developed well. I am going to have to check out this book!

    ReplyDelete