Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The Lying Game - Ruth Ware



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Vintage Digital

Published: 15/06/16

Pages: 372

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Given for an honest review via Netgalley


The Blurb

The text message is just three words: I need you.

Isa drops everything, takes her baby daughter and heads straight to Salten. She spent the most significant days of her life at boarding school on the marshes there, days which still cast their shadow over her now.

Something terrible has been found on the beach. Something which will force Isa to confront her past, together with the three best friends she hasn't seen for years, but has never forgotten. Theirs is no cosy reunion: Salten isn't a safe place for them, after what they did.

At school the girls used to play the Lying Game. They competed to convince people of the most outrageous stories. But for some, did the boundary between fact and fantasy become too blurred?

And how much can you really trust your friends?

My Thoughts


I enjoyed a previous book by Ruth Ware so I thought I would give this a go. Unfortunatly I found very little I liked about the book.

The story is told from Isa’s perspective and the chapters alternate between the past and present and Isa's need to feed her daughter. Inbetween feeds we find out about that the girls have a secret that keeps them connected and after 17 years their lies and secrets look like being uncovered. This is a slow burner of a book, too slow for me. I got bored with the flowery descriptions and by the time it did warm up, around 3/4 of the way in, I had guessed the outcome and didnt really care by that point as the book had lost me way before.

More Chick-lit than Thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment