Monday, January 9, 2017

Love You To Death - Caroline Mitchell



Kindle Edition

Publisher: Bookouture

Published: 11/11/16

Pages: 320

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Book given in exchange for an
honest review via Netgalley.



The Blurb

Twenty years ago you were forced to give your daughter up. Now she’s back. Or is she?

Women who’ve had to give up children for adoption are being killed. A knock at their front door begins a nightmare from which they will never wake up.

East London Detective Ruby Preston and her team must hunt down a disturbed individual before someone else is taken. But when bodies start turning up, staged in perfect, domestic scenes, it carries the echo of a memory in Ruby's mind. The tinkling of a music box. A mother and child reunion...

Then just as Ruby thinks they've made a breakthrough, she receives a sinister email, and the case takes a terrifying personal twist.

Can Ruby catch the killer before they strike again? Or will her troubled past catch up with her first?

My Thoughts


With over 100 5 star reviews on Amazon I am obviously in the minority here but I was disappointed by this book. I have read and enjoyed all of Caroline Mitchells Jennifer Knight series of books, so I was very much looking forward to this new series with Detective Ruby Preston at the helm.

I never connected to any of the characters and at times I felt I could have been reading a parody, particularly the Serial Killer chapters. The story itself was a good one and I hadnt guessed who the killer was but maybe that was because I found it hard to have much of an interest. I also felt that Ruby Prestons wasnt very original and I felt like I had read it before. Not much more I can say, I didnt get on with this one at all. Shame.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete