Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Book 5 - Someone Else's Skin - Sarah Hilary

>

Kindle Edition

Cost: 1.99

Publisher: Headline

Published: 27/02/14

Amazon uk link: Here

Goodreads Link: Here



The Blurb

Introducing D.I. Marnie Rome, this powerful novel that will enthral fans of Val McDermid and Mo Hayder.

Called to a women's refuge to take a routine witness statement, D.I. Marnie Rome instead walks in on an attempted murder.

Trying to uncover the truth from layers of secrets, Marnie finds herself confronting her own demons.
Because she, of all people, knows that it can be those closest to us we should fear the most . . .


My Thoughts

I promised myself that if I was going to write a Blog I would be honest but try to be constructive, But then who the hell am I to give a writer constructive criticism? I struggle to write a review.
I need to be honest or whats the point?
I struggled with this book. It took me several attempts to start it, I just couldnt garner the interest to carry on. The subject matter held no interest for me I started to skip lines, then paragraphs and then pages to finish the book.

It's not that the book is bad or badly written, I just found it a boring topic, maybe the book wasn't aimed at my demographic. The plot was a bit colour by numbers and as a reader I was always ahead of the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment